Objective : TO IMPROVE THE QUALITY OF LIFE OF EVERY INDIAN
We have a rich, vibrant and colorful culture, vast in its variety. Every part of our land, from Kerala to Kashmir and from Gujarat to Arunachal Pradesh has its own very distinct and fascinating identity in language, folk music, folk tales, performing arts, culinary science and customs.
Our country’s ayurvedic medicine has been admired the world over. Our own Yoga has healed millions worldwide. Hindustani and Carnatic classical music has regaled audiences worldwide for centuries. Our musical instruments - whether wind, string or percussion - are unparalleled in their range and sound quality. Our sense of beat and rhythm is magical.
Kama Sutra continues to mystify the world forever. Our dabbling in astrology, palmistry and horoscopy is legendry. We have an unending array of natural materials that have been used to create marvels of architecture.
India has hundreds of historical and geographical wonders, unlike any other land on the planet.
Yet, like diamonds in the hands of a monkey, we are unaware.
Our heritage sites - even temples - have become centers of human defecation. What greater sacrilege?
A vast majority of us do not know the national anthem. Even greater shame, a section willfully refuses to sing it!
Children are often not taught the dignity of the Tricolor. “Indian ness” does not bring pride any more. Nationalism and patriotism are words forgotten.
- First and foremost, start a national campaign to clean up and beautify our cities, towns and villages.
- Every state of India shall set up a Culture Township, in partnership between the private and public sectors. It shall be close to an airport, a railway station and a bus terminus, which shall all be upgraded to international standards as soon as possible.
- All major cultural centers in India (like Bodh Gaya and Ajanta Ellora) be cleaned, beautified and modernized; not only to preserve our heritage but also for the benefit of visitors.
- Every state to organize a formal Cultural Week every year to showcase itself.
- Culture tourism to become an active part of national life.
- Indian food festivals to be intensively popularized in every state formally.
- Encourage wholesome “night life” in our cities and towns. (Equip the police to effectively yet humanely deal with the inevitable fall out of a degree of “anti social elements” initially.)
© 2008 Professionals Party of India.
No part of this document may be copied or reproduced in any form whether in print or digital without the permission of the Professionals Party of India.